The Safari browser on your iPhone 13 actually saves some information automatically when you visit websites. You have stuff like your browsing history, cookies, and cache for this reason. If you frequently visit the same websites, browsing data may be helpful. Parts of the website are already locally saved on your iPhone, so when you visit it again they load more quickly. However, Safari’s webpage data and history can occasionally become corrupted. They exacerbate issues rather than speed up page loading. You must delete your browser’s app data, Safari history, and other browsing data for a variety of reasons, one of which is this. Today’s article will show how to clear history on iPhone 13 quickly.
How to Clear History on iPhone 13
There are many different ways to clear your search/browse history on your iPhone 13, depending on whether you use Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Regardless of which browser you use, we will show you how to clear history on iPhone 13 right here.
If you use Safari
Since the Safari browser is made by Apple, it is tightly integrated with iOS. Before you begin, be sure to write down your website credentials first as performing these next steps will result in the deletion of all saved site logins and credentials in Safari. To clear your Safari search history, you need to use the Settings app in the following way.
- Step 1: On iPhone, navigate to Settings. This will open the Settings app, giving you access to most of the features on your device.
- Step 2: Scroll down to find Safari and click on it. The next screen will show you all your Safari app settings and browsing features.
- Step 4: Click on Site data to continue. It may take a few seconds to load depending on how much website data is on your iPhone. You will also be able to see how much data each site has used. If you want to see all the websites you’ve visited, tap Show All Websites at the bottom of the list.
- Step 5: Click on Clear all site data. A pop-up warning will appear below the screen. Click Delete Now to confirm. You have now cleared all website data, Safari history, and other things.
If you use Chrome
Chrome is a third-party app, which means Chrome offers a unique way to clear search history. Here are the steps you need to take.
- Step 1: Launch the Chrome app on your iPhone. In the lower right corner, click the “three dots” button to continue.
- Step 2: Now a new window titled “History” will appear. Click on Clear browsing data in the bottom left corner.
- Step 3: Select a time range by tapping that option at the top. Then select what you want to delete (make sure to select Browsing History). Finally, tap on “Clear browsing data“. After being asked, confirm your decision.
If you use Firefox
Just like Chrome, Firefox is also a third-party app, which means it offers its own way to clear your search history. Here’s what you need to do.
- Step 1: Launch the Firefox app on your iPhone. Tap the ‘three dots‘ icon in the bottom right corner. Select History.
- Step 2: Right now, a new window will appear on your desktop, titled History. Tap Clear recent history and a dialog will appear.
- Step 3: Choose if you want your most recent history or everything to be deleted. So it’s done. You have deleted history on iPhone 13 with the Firefox browser successfully. It’s that simple, isn’t it?
Clear Call history
- Step 1: Open the Phone app. You can clear your call history so that none of your calls appear in the Recent list. Next, Tap the “Recents” tab. This will display a list of recent calls you have made and received.
- Step 2: In the upper right corner, click “Edit“. A red minus will appear next to each call in the log. Tap the red minus sign to delete a single entry. Tapping the minus sign next to an entry will remove it.
- Step 3: Click “Delete” to delete all entries at once. If you want to delete the entire list, tap “Delete” in the upper-left corner. This only appears after you tap “Edit”. All entries in the Recent tab will be deleted.
Clear iMessage History
- Step 1: Open the Messages app. Using the Messages app, you can delete text message exchanges. Click the “Edit” button which can be found in the upper left corner.
- Step 2: Select each chat that you want to delete. You can select multiple chats. Tap “Delete” after selecting the chats. All selected chats will be deleted without confirmation.
Clear Keyboard History
- Step 1: Open the Settings app. Select General. A list of general iPhone options will appear.
- Step 2: Scroll down and select Reset. Various reset options will appear. Tap “Reset keyboard dictionary”. You will be asked to confirm. All custom words that you have saved will be deleted.
Erasing All Data
This option is used when you want to completely erase your iPhone. This will delete all history and data on your iPhone and you will be prompted to set it up as new when the process is complete.
- Step 1: Open Settings. Select the General item. The iPhone general settings will now open. Scroll down and select Reset. Options to reset your device will appear.
- Step 2: Tap “Erase All Content and Settings” after that. You will be asked to confirm that you want to completely delete everything. It can take some time to finish this process.
- Step 3: Once the reset is complete, you will have to do the initial setup. You can set up your iPhone as new or restore an iTunes or iCloud backup.
To sum up, now you have learned how to clear history on iPhone 13. Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below. We hope that this guide can help you in one way or another. And finally, thanks for reading! We will be back in many more articles.