Random Access Memory (RAM) and phone storage space are the two different types of memory that your iPhone contains, just like your computer. iOS applications momentarily need data from RAM to execute, however permanent data like program and media files are stored on your phone’s storage. Your smartphone can slow down if your memory fills up. This our blog demonstrates how to clear memory on iphone 13.
How to clear memory on iphone 13
Method 1: How to clear memory on iphone 13( RAM)
- Get your phone unlocked. Press the home button beneath your screen to unlock your phone. Next, input your Touch ID or passcode. Your home screen or an active app should be visible.
- The power button while holding it down. Your iPhone 13 or iPad has it located on the upper-right shoulder. The “Slide to power off” screen will appear after you press and hold the button for a few seconds.
- Keep holding down the home button. Press and hold the home button underneath your screen when the “Side to power off” screen shows. The screen will flash and return to your home screen after about 5 seconds. This clears your iPhone 13’s RAM.
– You may stop apps from updating in the background to keep your phone’s RAM from filling up.
Method 2: Deleting Photos and Videos to Clear Memory
- Launch Photos. It’s the application whose icon is a flower with variously colored petals.
- Toggle Select. The Photos apps’ upper-right corner contains it.
- Tap on each image and video you want to remove. The image thumbnail’s lower-right corner will display a blue checkmark symbol. This shows that the image or video has been chosen. – A different option is to tap Select next to the date. This picks out all the pictures and videos that were uploaded on that day.- Additionally, you can browse photographs by media type or folder by selecting the “Albums” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the trashcan-shaped icon. The pictures app’s upper-left corner has it. This causes a confirmation pop-up to appear.
- Click Delete Items. It’s the pop-red up’s text.
- Simply select Delete Items Now. It’s the pop-red up’s text. The pop-up informs you that once these items are erased, you won’t be able to restore them. All of the pictures and movies you chose will be permanently deleted when you tap this button.
Method 3: Deleting Files to Clear Up Storage Space
- Iphone 13 open in a new window. It is the application with a blue folder-shaped icon. Normally, you can find it in the Dock at the base of your home screen.
- Select Locations. It is the icon in the Files app’s upper-left corner. The Locations menu is shown on the left after this.
- Click My iPhone. It is the second choice under Locations. The internal storage of your iPhone is shown here.
- Click on an app folder. Your iPhone 13 or iPad’s apps each have their own folder. To delete files from an app, tap the folder for that program. – The programs that play media and edit video are likely to contain the biggest files.- A subfolder labeled “Files” or “Downloads” exists in some applications. Tap one of these folders to open them if you see them.
- Toggle Select. The blue writing in the top-right corner is it. This causes a tick to appear in a circle next to each file and subfolder in the folder.
- To delete all the files and folders, tap them all. This causes the radial button adjacent to the file or folder to show a checkmark icon. This shows that the file or folder has been chosen.
- Press Delete. In the bottom-right corner, it is the blue text. This eliminates all of the files and folders you chose. Use this technique to go through each app folder on your iPhone or iPad and remove any files you do not want.
Method 4: Deleting Apps to Clear Up Memory
- Launch the Settings window. On the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, it is the silver gear-shaped icon.
- Press General. In the Settings menu, it’s next to a gear-shaped icon.
- Click on iPhone Storage. Near the bottom of the General menu. All of the installed apps on your device are listed here.
- Select a program you don’t use. Look through the list of apps for any you don’t use very often, and then tap the app’s name. The app’s info screen is seen in this.
- Select Delete App. On the app information screen, it is the red text toward the bottom. This causes a confirmation pop-up to appear.
– On the app information screen, you can also choose to choose Offload App. In the event that you decide to reinstall the app in the future, this deletes the app while retaining all of its data.
- Select Delete App. It appears in the confirmation pop-up as red text. This both deletes the program and confirms that you want to do so. To free up as much storage as you can, repeat this procedure for all apps you no longer use.
Method 5: Clearing the iPhone’s Storage Space
- Enter the Settings section of your iPhone. To access the iPhone’s general settings menu, hit the gear symbol from the home screen. All the customizability choices are located here.
– The whole contents of your iPhone, including all of your apps, app data, photos, movies, and audio files, will be deleted if you do this. Please only use this as a last option and make sure your phone is backed up.
- Press General. It’s just beside an icon that looks like a gear. This shows the General menu on your iPhone, where you can change the default settings.
- Press Reset. It is the second choice under General in the menu.
- Simply select Erase All Content & Settings. In the Reset menu, it is the second choice. This gives users two choices.
- Tap Erase Now or Backup Then Erase. Tap Backup, then Erase to backup your iPhone or iPad so you may restore it later. Your iPhone 13 can take some time to backup. Tap Delete Now to quickly erase your iPhone 13.
- Key in your passphrase. You must enter the passcode for your iPhone or iPad before you can wipe it.
- Click Erase iPhone. At the bottom of the screen, in red, is what it is. This erases all of the content on your iPhone 13 when you confirm that you want to wipes your iPhone or iPad.
We sincerely hope that our troubleshooting tutorial helped you on how to clear memory on iphone 13. Enjoy shooting fresh images and never again stress about running out of storage on your iPhone 13.